Nurturing Parenting Class Pilot Program
ONLINE COURSES ONLY
Registration Dates: Monday, Jan. 24, 2022 – Friday, Feb. 11, 2022
Virtual classes start Wed., Feb. 16, 2022.
Parents will have the options to enroll in classes during the day from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. or during the evening 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Classes will meet on Wednesdays until March 30, 2022. For the duration of the class, we require one set time. To be eligible for a certificate, parents must attend all six sessions.
“Nurturing Parenting” classes are designed for parents of school-aged children.
- 1st Session: The Philosophy of Nurturing Parenting- Emphasizing to parents the critical nature of raising children in a warm, trusting, and empathic household.
- 2nd Session: Nurturing Ourselves: Instructing parents that they have the capacity to nurture themselves when they are overwhelmed
- 3rd Session: Handling Stress: Parent education on how to maintain or regain control.
- 4th Session: Family morals and values: To assist in instilling sound moral and ethical values in their children.
- 5th Session: Understanding Discipline: To demonstrate to parents that discipline teaches children what is right and wrong; what they should know and do; and the rules they must follow.
- 6th Session: Building Self Worth: To assist parents in assisting their children in developing a more positive self-image and self-esteem.